Social Media and Design Internship
The Bloom Bar, an artistic, high-end Hill Country wedding and event florist, is seeking an ambitious, creative and motivated design intern to join our team! We are looking for a fun-loving and energetic intern who is an excellent communicator to help us expand our brand to new brides and corporate clients. Must be a go-getter, self-starter, and have an eye for design. You will learn the ins-and-outs of the wedding and event industry in this hands-on, fast-paced (and super fun!) position. Floral Design, Interior Design or Merchandising experience is preferred.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
· Social media management, from post-creation and photographing, to scheduling on-brand posts across multiple platforms.
· Weekly blogging on website to feature recent weddings. Will coordinate with brides, photographers and wedding planners to showcase images.
· Assisting design team with day-of wedding installations, event set-up and breakdown.
· Maintaining client and vendor database.
· Coordinating and assisting with in-person marketing events such as bridal shows and open-houses.
· Assistance with marketing design workshops.
· Small floral design projects (we will train, but you must be willing to jump in and give it a shot!)
· Maintaining an orderly appearance in the studio and basic cleaning of floral shop
· Excellent written and oral communication. (Writing sample or social media messaging sample
· Eye for photography (We would love to see your Instagram account, or a sample of your
· Organization skills
· Floral Design, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Retail Merchandising experience is a huge plus
· Great people skills and a positive attitude!
· Reliable transportation is a must
Internships are offered on a semester basis, and candidates should have a flexible schedule, including some availability on Saturdays where you will be assisting with events. Weekday scheduling is flexible, with 10 hours per week on average. The internship is unpaid, with perks like free florals after events, event-industry only functions, and bonuses for a job well done! Candidates should send their resume, cover letter, and portfolio, writing and/or social media sample to Shandee Lynn at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Internship.” We will be interviewing Jan. 2-11, in person or via Skype. Learn more about our company at thebloombar.com or on Instagram @thebloombartx.